- Always think positive – it is “not your fault” that you are being bullied.
- Always think that you don’t have to face the bullying alone.
- Tell someone about the bullying and be assertive.
- Tell yourself not to be reactive – “walk away” if you can.
- Do not fight the bullying with the same, remember that you don’t want to be like them.
- Do not laugh or be a silent witness to bullying, If you witness a bullying report it immediately.
- Do not blame the bully or the victim, gather as much information and report it to the authority.
- Do not dwell on the past, instead think of what you can do to stop the bullying.
- Do not fight bullying by means of forgetting the problems with alcohol or drugs.
- Do not embark into violent or aggressive behaviors to fight back.
- Remember that bullying is mostly mind games that is always plays with one’s fear.
- Remember that the bully might exagerate, create stories, manipulate events to threaten or induce fear.
- Remember that bullying is a crime and you don’t want to be a criminal.
- Know the warning signs of being the victim or the bully.
- Know the cause of bullying, lack of empathy was one common reason.
- Teach your family or loveones about bullying and educate them about the consequence of this behavior.
- Calmness, common sense and physical activity are effective strategy in fighting bullying.
- Increase awareness of your sorrounding and make a note of events and what is your feeling
- For more information about bullying visit the following web-sites:
FOR MORE PREVENTIVE BULLYING INFORMATION, CLICK HERE